ESTIMATED TIME TO ASSEMBLE:
• ABOUT 25 MINUTES
• Pliers — helpful hint: a 10 mm socket and an adjustable wrench or large pliers make it very easy. Assembling the casters to the lower tray requires applying the wrench or large pliers to the portion of the caster that sits below the tray. This will keep the caster from turning as the large lock-nut above the tray is tighten.
• Screwdriver or Philip’s head
• Helpful Hint: because of the tight tolerance between the drilled holes and the bolts, an electric screwdriver is
helpful but not required. The tight tolerance reduces play over continued
PARTS — ORDER OF ASSEMBLY:
- For both Models 0001RC (Red) and 0005GC (Green) bolt the wheels and the lower tray to lowest drilled hole on the frame.
Note: Both models use the lowest drilled hole on the frame to attach the wheels and the lower tray that accommodates the casters.
- Helpful Hint:Some times disconnecting the 2 “tension bars” from one side of the frame will make assembly easier. This will allow the frame to be more flexible and allow the tray and frame to be bolted together.
- Helpful Hint: Do not over tighten the nuts to the bolts. Tighten gently. They are “lock-nuts” and will not loosen.
- Now assemble the two support brackets to the tray
and the frame. Connect the brackets to the outside of the tray and to the inside of the frame.
- Now assemble the upper tray and support brackets — complete the process as described for the lower tray and support brackets.
- Wheels — Each wheel is assembled to the frame by the longest bolts in the hardware kit. For both models put 1 washer on the long wheel bolt then put the bolt through the wheel, put on 2 washers and then put the wheel bolt through the frame (lowest drilled hole and the lower tray (casters). Now add one washer and the tighten the lock-nut gently making sure the wheels rotates.
- If you did disconnect the two tension bars now reconnect the two “tension bars”. Remember - the “tension bars” have 3 positions of adjustment. If your recycle bin needs more room because of the width, you can adjust the “tension bars”.
Tension Bar adjustment — Front of the Frame
(Click to Enlarge)
Tension Bar adjustment — Reversed behind Frame
(Click to Enlarge)